Catapult Your Traffic With These Web Site Add-Ons
Copyright © 2005 Ronald Gibson
Having a website is great but, if the site doesn't have any traffic,
then what good is it really doing for you? Here are some features that
you can add to your site to generate more traffic and more stickiness
for your site.
1. You should add a blog to your website. Blogs are a fast and
easy way to add content to your site. Why is that important? Search
engines love content. A frequently updated blog will attract the search
engine spiders and will get your site indexed quickly. You should try to
post blog entries at least a couple of times per day.
2. Add a message board to your web site. This helps your site to
develop its own little community. People will visit your web site to ask
questions and answer other people's questions.
3. Add a directory of web site links to your web site. People
will visit your web site to find related web site links for the topic
they're interested in. As an added bonus, links are also content for
search engine spiders.
4. Add an article section to your web site. People will visit
your web site to read and learn new info related to their interests. And
this also will provide content for the search engines.
5. Add an archive of past e-zine issues to your web site. People
will visit your web site to read past issues of your e-zine that they've
6. People love freebies. You should add a free software download
page to your web site. People will visit your web site to find new
software that will make their life easier. Also add a free ebook
directory to your web site. People will visit your site to download,
study and read new information.
7. Add a free classified ad section. People will visit your web
site to place their own free classified ad and to read other offers.
8. Add a free link page to your web site. People will visit your
web site to place their own link and to look at other people's links.
This is a double bonus. Not only will you get traffic from the links,
but, once again, links are also content that search engines love.
9. Add an "about us" page to your web site. People will visit
your web site to read about your business and yourself.
10. Add a guest book to your web site. People will visit your web
site to leave their opinions about your business and to list their
Using the above methods to add features to your website will not only
draw more traffic to your site, but they will also make your visitors
want to stay on your site longer and want to come back and visit again
Ronald Gibson is a Web Designer and Web Marketer. He is the Webmaster of
AffiliateUtopia.com, which offers information about some of the best
money making opportunities on the Web. For more information, visit: